The Festival de Cannes is reserved to film industry professionals. Every participant must be granted accreditation to take part in the Festival. Professional accreditations are granted by professional category.
- Journalists, the Press Accreditation guidelines are available on our Press Area
- Find out more about the Marché Badge on the Marché du Film Website
- The "Trois jours à Cannes / Three days in Cannes" Pass, reserved for cinema lovers aged between 18 and 28! (more info below)
Online accreditations for the Festival de Cannes are now closed.
► Further information is available on obtaining accreditation for the Marché du Film Online which will take place from June 22 to 26.
Consult the registration procedure by category
|Marché du Film Online Accreditations||Film professionals' accreditation||CINEPHILES ACCREDITATION|
|Accreditation for "Three Days in Cannes"|
Marché du Film Online Accreditations
The Festival de Cannes is launching the Marché du Film Online, an online market created to support the international film industry and help its professionals. It will be held from Monday 22 to Friday 26 June.
The online market will reproduce as far as possible the market experience in Cannes, with live and real-time meetings. It will offer creative alternatives to facilitate business and networking for film industry professionals from all over the world. The Marché du Film Online will take the form of a closed industry space including:
- Virtual booths for sales agents: sales companies will be able to connect with buyers and to display their new films and projects-in-progress in an online dedicated space, serving as a digital equivalent to their booths at Cannes.
- Virtual pavilions for institutions: institutions from all over the world will present their national cinematography, film commissions and film locations, support their producers and organise meetings in a virtual space, as they are used to doing in their pavilions in the Village International.
- Video meetings: participants can request and organise meetings via the Marché du Film networking app Match&Meet, which now has integrated video calls.
- Online screenings: completed films, those in post-production and project presentations will be programmed according to set schedules in about fifteen virtual cinemas, to maintain the market momentum and allow time for viewing and negotiation. Reruns will be organised for buyers in different time zones. The platform will be based on Cinando technology and will have strict security measures in place - including DRM, individual watermark and real-time management and monitoring of admissions to screenings (Cinando is the platform launched by the Marché du Film in 2003, which has become the number one network for navigating the film industry, including contacts, films, projects in development and screeners).
- Programmes and conferences: most programmes and conferences will be transposed to the digital space: Cannes Docs, Cannes Next, Producers Network, Goes to Cannes, Frontières and Fantastic 7 will be reshaped to offer these communities - creators, producers and sales agents - the same opportunities to network and present their projects. Le Marché du Film Online will also offer “speed meetings” around composers, book publishers and producers. Cannes XR, our programme dedicated to immersive entertainment, will present its projects in a setting where films can be viewed with a VR headset.
Accreditations for the Marché du Film Online will soon be available for industry professionals at an early bird rate of €95 until May 29, then at the normal rate of €195 (accreditation includes a one-year subscription to Cinando).
► Keep up with all the Marché du Film Online news.
Film professionals' accreditation
WHO CAN REQUEST ACCREDITATION?
The Festival de Cannes is exclusively reserved to film industry professionals.
It is not necessary to register with the Festival if you make your request through the Marché du Film, as the Market badge includes all Festival participation rights and access to screenings (www.marchedufilm.com/en/accreditations).
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF OUR ACCREDITATION PROCESS?
Festival accreditation is required to gain access to the Palais des Festivals and the Marché du Film. This accreditation gives you access to the screenings according to the conditions set out on your online account, once your request has been validated.
HOW TO REGISTER?
Through your personal account, you will be able to register online, attach the requested documents justifying your experience in your professional field, and follow the evolution of your accreditation request.
FILM PROFESSIONAL CLASSIFICATION
The Festival de Cannes is exclusively reserved to professionals of the film industry. If you do not belong to one of the professional categories listed below, your request may not be taken into consideration.
- Actor / Actress
- Artistic Agency
- Author, Director, Writer
- Book Publisher and Agent
- Buyer’s Rep*
- Cinema Owner and Manager
- Civil Service, Embassy, Administration and State Institution
- Communication, Publicity and Marketing
- Cultural Organization (Art Center, Museum, Multimedia Library …)
- Film Commission
- Film Festival
- Film Financier*
- Film Library, Archive and Film Restoration
- Film Rights*
- Film School and their students
- Film Technician
- Guild and Professional Association
- Interactive & New Media
- Music (Composer, Singer-Songwriter, Music Publisher and Producer)
- Organization of Film Promotion and Film Events
- Press-Media: except Journalists
- Public Relations
- Sales Agent*
- Technical Industries
- Television Broadcast*
- Training/ Coaching
- VOD Platform*
*If you apply with one of these professional categories, you have to submit your accreditation
through the Marché du Film’ Registration Department.
Festival de Cannes
5, rue Charlot F-75003 Paris
Tel : +33 (0)1 53 59 61 00
The Festival de Cannes is also open to film enthusiasts and educational groups, within the limits of availability through the "Cannes Cinéphiles" programme. “Cannes Cinéphiles” accreditations give access to the films of the Official Selection, Semaine de la Critique and Quinzaine des Réalisateurs in some Cannes’ theatres. These accreditations do not give access to the professional areas, Palais des Festivals included, which are reserved for professionals of the film industry only.
HOW TO PROCEED?
Please visit our accreditation portal online in order to submit your “Cannes Cinéphiles” accreditation’ request, attach the required documents listed below, and follow-up on your request’ status:
- School groups:
For each student: a certificate of school attendance for the ongoing year.
For the administration: an official document justifying your position and a motivation letter explaining your school project related to the “Cannes Cinéphiles” program.
For all: ID card / passport (both sides)
- Film students: motivation letter, an official document mentioning your studies for this year and your ID card / passport (both sides).
- Cultural or Film club associations: motivation letter, photocopy of your film association’s membership card for the ongoing year, ID card / passport (both sides).
- Member of a cinema club: motivation letter and the membership card for the ongoing year, ID card / passport (both sides).
Accreditation for "Three Days in Cannes"
The Festival de Cannes offers film buffs aged 18 to 28 the opportunity to take part in the 2020 event and to discover the films in the Official Selection as part of the 'Three days in Cannes" programme.
WHY IS ACCREDITATION NECESSARY?
Accreditation for "Three Days in Cannes" gives you access to the Official Selection (Competition, Out of Competition, Special Screenings, Un Certain Regard, Cannes Classics, Cinéma de la Plage) and to the Palais des Festivals, as well as a dedicated programme at Les Arcades cinemas for the final three days.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR ACCREDITATION?
To apply for accreditation for "Three Days in Cannes", you must:
• be aged between 18 and 28
• be passionate about film
Applications must be submitted online via the accreditation portal (no applications will be processed by telephone).
Documents to be provided with the application form:
• ID document (both sides) or passport;
• ID photo;
• A letter of motivation;
Once the accreditation request has been accepted, you will be sent an email (no answer will be given by phone).
Named badges with a photo ID and the programme of dedicated sessions can be collected from the Accreditation Office of the Palais des Festivals.
Festival de Cannes
5, rue Charlot F-75003 Paris
Tel : +33 (0)1 53 59 61 00